Sunday, August 3, 2008

Front, back and side to side

This weekend, the kiddo went to grandma's house, the fourth member of the family went back home, and things hit the "standstill" we'd been talking about all month. We were all alone for the first time in 30 days, and damnit, we weren't going to waste the opportunity, if you know what I'm talking about.

NO, not that. Jeeze, you think I could go 30 days? I can barely go three days, but we'll save that story for another time.

No, folks, we had ourselves a little partay. A 2 person partay, but a partay none the less.

(And yes, there is a difference between a party and a par-tay (#1, section 2).

Here are my three must-haves for a successful party:


+

+





Thats right. Cheap wine, nerdy board games and hardcore gangster rap. If you substitute the red wine with OE and the scrabble for dominoes, you'll experience my life from 19-21, but I'm a GROWN UP now, and I needed an upgrade (In my 30's, I'm looking forward to Alize and Yahtzee).

Today I'm nursing my hangover and preparing for the first week where I'll have nothing to do.
Besides entertain and keep up with a three year old, of course.

3 comments:

EGE said...

Woohoo! Rock on witcha bad self!

(What's the scrabble score for ypxlc -- my verification word?)

Zip n Tizzy said...

I myself am having a partay with cheap ice-cream and internet Mahjong... that being that I've passed the half way mark of my 30's and am rounding the corner of 40.
Partay on Girrrl!

Anonymous said...

lol...well, you can always look forward to your 60's, when you'll be drinking Boost, playing Canasta, and listening to Sinatra (ok, by the time you're sixty, I don't know what the equivalent to Sinatra would be)